Friendship Day is a great day for celebrating friendship. It falls on the first Sunday of August every year. Celebrating the festival was firstly started by the US in 1935. But now this doesn’t only happen in the US. People in other countries are interested in it， too.
The idea of spending the day with friends was spread all over the world. With more and more countries joining in the celebrations， Friendship Day soon became an international festival.
Between 1936 and 1997， Friendship Day didn’t have a symbol (象征)， like Santa Claus for Christmas. However， in 1997， the United Nations named Winnie the pooh as the word’s Ambassador (大使) of Friendship.
The traditional celebrations include activities such as meeting with friends and exchanging (交换) cards， flowers and gifts. Some people may have parties with their friends. Some may have lunch or dinner together. Others may hang out or go to the movies with friends on this special day. These are popular among all age groups from teenagers to old people.
Although Friendship Day and its celebrations may have changed over the years， the basic idea behind the festival remains the same. People enjoy the moment they spend together and express love and care for their friends.
71. When is Friendship Day？
It is on ____________________ every year.
72. What does “this” in the first paragraph refer to？
It refers to __________________________.
73. What does the fourth paragraph mainly tell us？
It’s mainly about _________________________________ to celebrate Friendship Day.
74. What’s the basic idea behind the festival？
People enjoy the moment they spend together and ______________ for their friends.
75. What does the writer think of the festival？
The writer thinks it’s ________________________________.
71. the first Sunday of August
72. celebrating the festival / celebrating Friendship Day
73. the activities / what people do / the (traditional) celebrations
74. express love and care
75. great / good / wonderful / fantastic / ...
71. 细节判断题。问题：Friendship Day是什么时候？根据“It falls on the first Sunday of August every year.可知，应填the first Sunday of August。
72. 词意理解词。问题：第一段中的this指什么？This代词，指代上下文中所提到的事物。第一段中此处句子的意思“这不光发生在美国，其他国家的人也对此感兴趣”，根据上文“Celebrating the festival was firstly started by the US in 1935.”可知，这里指代的是庆祝友谊日的活动。故填Celebrating the festival/ Friendship Day。
73. 主旨理解题。问题：第四段主要讲什么？根据第四段开始“The traditional celebrations include ...”及整段结构可知，本段主要讲传统的庆祝活动有哪些。故填the activities/ what people do/ the (traditional) celebrations等。
74. 细节判断题。问题：节日背后的主要观点是什么？答案定位在文章最后一段，根据“People enjoy the moment they spend together and express love and care for their friends.”及部分答案内容可知，应填：express love and care。
75. 主旨理解题。问题：作者如何评价这个节日？根据文章第一句“Friendship Day is a great day for celebrating friendship.”及文中作者所表达出的态度，可知作者对Friendship Day是肯定的。故填great。因答案具有多样性，故相关意思的答案都正确。